Want to be the true administrator of your smartphone? Need complete control over the Apps that you install on your smartphone? That’s great! So, what are you waiting for? This complete guide gives you all the information that you must know before running for rooting your device. Okay, wait! But what is rooting?
Does the same question raise in your head too? And what are the advantages of rooting your device? Well, we will make you understand about these with ease.
Rooting is the process of gaining control over the roots of your Android device that could be a smartphone or any tablet. It allows the user to take all the permissions that are related to the applications that you launch and install on your device. In general, the manufacturer doesn’t allow you to keep control of all the root level permissions on your device. Hence rooting your device allows you either to accept or deny the accessing permission for the apps you launch.
But, do you seriously think that rooting an Android that easy and safe. It’s a bit not safe when doesn’t pay proper attention regarding the malware attacks. In order to keep an eye on your roots permission and other stuff, you will need security that you could gain by adding an app like SuperSU.
So, want to know more about SuperSU? How it works, the process of installation, pros, and cons? Read the full article to know about SuperSU and get an idea through the process.
What is SuperSU?
SuperSU is an app that acts as a security that guards you against all the boundaries that the apps may overstep during the access to the roots of the device while your device is rooted. Using the apps like SuperSU you can be the user of a Super-Smartphone adding additional features other than that exists as default.
The app lets you to either “allow” or “deny” the permissions that are related to a particular app that you want to install on your android device. You can in fact also unroot your device at any time using the SuperSU. SuperSU is the most popular rooting tool that supports almost all the smartphones that run on Android.
Is the SuperSU app free to use?
Now, there must a question raising in your brain about the free or premium usage of the app. Let us answer this for you. The app is absolutely free to use and there does exist a premium feature that also lets the user protect their device by PIN protection and also Per-app logging configuration features. The premium also lets you use the app free of Ads.
Here comes the real question of how to install SuperSU. The installation of SuperSU is different from rooted devices to that from the non-rooted devices. The primary installation process is a bit different for both, later the process could be quite similar to proceed.
Installation of SuperSU for Rooted Devices.
Stuck installing the SuperSU app? Or bothering about a smooth way to install and run the app? Then it is our pleasure to guide you through the steps to install it and run in an efficient way.
Installing the SuperSU app from the play store is a quite easy process. Follow these simple steps to do it on your fingertips.
Steps to install SuperSU app:
- Go to Google Play Store on any of your rooted devices.
- On the search bar, search for SuperSU app.
- Now, as soon as the app pops click on the “install” button and you are ready to go.
Do you seriously think that could be that easy? Yes, sometimes it’s this easy but sometimes this simple app doesn’t gain enough control to work on the roots of your device.
There could a chance of presenting errors, where the SuperSU app doesn’t support. There could be a dialogue box popping out stating that “SU Binary occupied’”.
This is when you have to go for the Apk in order to fix the error occurred. Following the steps mentioned below to download the apk file.
Steps to download the SuperSU APK
To download the Apk file of SuperSU, all you need to go to the official website of SuperSU.
- On the rooted device that you want to download SuperSU, get access to the Official Website on any browser or you can even directly download from the below link
- As soon as you reach the site, you will find different versions of Apk files.
- Download the latest version of the Apk, you can get an idea of looking at the picture below.
- After downloading the file, start installing it.
- Soon after installing you will need to launch the Apk version of the SuperSU.
- You will find a dialogue box popping out which reads “SU Binary needs to be updated”.
- You will find two options saying “cancel” and “continue”. Click on continue to lead the process further.
- Then another dialogue box pops where you need to click on “normal”.
- In order to install all the updates completely, you need to wait for a couple of minutes. After all the installation of the updates, Reboot your device.
- After the Reboot process is done, you will have to update your SuperSU App.
- Go to Google Play Store and Update the SuperSU app to the latest version of the App.
The app is now ready to use. Sometimes even after updating, the app may ask you for updating again. Then simply follow the same steps again that are mentioned above. And reboot your device again. Now all your device is completely under your control.
Is your Device Non-Rooted?
Struggling to install SuperSU for a non-rooted device? Or afraid of losing your device’s data?
Don’t worry! We have a solution to your questions. If your device is not rooted, then you must recover all your data safely. Then you may go on with the process that we mentioned below.
Install SuperSU by the following steps:
- Similar to the rooted device you need to go a web browser on your nonrooted device, go to the Official Website.
- There you will find a SuperSU Zip file. You can get the reference from the picture below.
- Download the Zip the file.
- The sooner you Download it, just move the downloaded Zip file to the roots of internal storage of your device.
- Power off the device and you have to reboot it to the recovery mode.
- This could be done by pressing the power and volume down Do this for a few seconds.
- Now, after the reboot recovery process, Install the App.
- Try and find the Zip file that you have downloaded before.
In the case of TWRP, the internal storage is named as sdcard and the external storage will be found as sdcard1.
Since you have moved your Zip file to the Internal Storage, you will find the file in the sdcard.
- Now, select the Zip file and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Now go for the Wipe Cache & Dalvik and swipe for the wipe.
- Now start rebooting your device.
Now you are set to take all the controls on your Super-Smartphone.
In some cases, the TWRP fails to recognize the installed SuperSU app. Hence it may ask you to install it, just click on Do not Install.
Bothering how to check whether the SuperSU is properly installed?
The main purpose of the SuperSU app is to get access to the roots of the device. Hence in order to know about the proper installation, the best way is to download an app that requires the root access.
You can install any app that has root access. Greenify is an example of the app that has root access.
Simple go to the Google Play Store, download and install the app. After successful installation of the app, SuperSU would ask permission. By this, you could verify the proper and complete update installations. If the pop-up appears then you can conclude that the SuperSU is properly installed with Updates.
Pros of SuperSU APK
There are some ultimate advantages of having successfully installed SuperSU app.
- You will be the superior administrator of your device.
- You can gain access to the root portions of your device.
- You can always look over your launched app permissions.
- You can also change the setting of SuperSU.
- You can also keep an eye and secure your device from malware.
Cons of SuperSU APK
Though there are some great advantages of using this app, there are some Cons of having SuperSU in our device.
- The improperly installed updates may lead to improper working of the Device.
- You may lose some of your data during the non-rooted device installation process.
- Though the App gives security, there are some chances of attack of malware.
So, this is all about SuperSU. Hope this information would provide you enough information regarding the Installation of the Apk.
- 1 SuperSU
- 2 SuperSU APK
- 2.1 What is SuperSU?
- 2.2 Is the SuperSU app free to use?
- 2.3 Installation of SuperSU for Rooted Devices.
- 2.4 Steps to install SuperSU app:
- 2.5 Steps to download the SuperSU APK
- 2.6 Is your Device Non-Rooted?
- 2.7 Bothering how to check whether the SuperSU is properly installed?
- 2.8 Pros of SuperSU APK
- 2.9 Cons of SuperSU APK
- 2.10 Share this:
- 2.11 Related